The power of superior nutrition!
Many individuals who follow the Nutritarian diet write to Dr. Fuhrman with their success stories. You can read about their struggles and success in these pages. Keep in mind that results vary from person to person. As always, consult your physician if you have a medical history and/or condition that may warrant individual recommendations.
*Results may vary
Kim's depression and health problems were making her suicidal; after losing 95 pounds, she is once again happy with life
“I wish to thank Dr. Fuhrman for opening my eyes to such a healthful life. It literally saved my life! In 2005 I began dealing with the responsibility of taking care of sick parents and having a baby at 40. My marriage was falling apart as a result, and doctors put me on all types of medication for depression and anxiety. My yo-yo weight skyrocketed and I was getting bigger by the month. In 2007 I lost both my parents within eight weeks of each other and I was devastated. I am an only child and the stress was just too overwhelming. I went to a psychiatrist to discuss options because I was becoming so depressed I was feeling suicidal. The answer in 2007/2008 was more meds. Now I was 90 plus pounds overweight, my high blood pressure with medication was 150/105. I developed type II diabetes, the whole nine yards. It was exhausting just to take a shower. Something needed to change, and that change had to come from me.
In June 2011, I came upon Dr. Fuhrman on PBS. I was drawn in by the discussion on Eat To Live. It was amazing how simple it was and it just made perfect sense. I purchased the book that day and on that day I stopped eating all processed foods and went to a 90/10 diet. I did that for seven months and lost 60 pounds. I couldn’t believe how great I felt. Each month I lost a pant size. I never felt deprived and never counted a calorie. During my seventh month I decided to shift into a higher gear and become completely vegan, and in five months my total weight loss was 95 pounds. I went from a size 18 to a size 4! I am off all medications and have maintained my blood pressure at 110/75!
I am currently looking into doing some community nutrition programs and would love to be a coach for this wonderful lifestyle. I draw blood for a medical group and it hurts to see how many sick people there are.”
- Easy-to-follow plan
- Simple, flexible, and adaptable to your food preferences & dietary needs
- Motivational and solutions-based to break free from obstacles—so there are no excuses
- Menus and tips for those who are too busy to cook
- 76 nutritious, easy-to-prepare recipes with time saving suggestions for store-bought foods
- Lower and normalize your blood pressure
- Lower your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- Lower your weight, body fat, and waist measurements
- Lower your fasting glucose levels and resolve diabetes (type 2)
- Restore normal bowel function
- Improve your immune function, lowering the risk of infection and cancer
- Maintain your youthful vigor as you age, and age more slowly