We all know that One Size never really Fits All. That’s why Dr. Fuhrman’s Food Addiction and Nutritional Coaching Experts will create a program to meet your unique needs.
Call it custom tailoring for your life.
Our team of weight loss specialists, addiction counselors and wellness coaches will help you create—or get back to—the life you want. After meeting with you to gain an understanding of your particular set of challenges, lifestyle demands and “impulse” foods, they will work with you to create an action plan so that you can reach your goals—and make uncontrollable food cravings and unhealthy eating habits a thing of the past.
We understand your needs are unique and our expert staff will help you find the program that is right for you!
Nutritional Guidance & Emotional Support for Food Addiction
Have you ever thought of yourself as a food addict?
- Do you overeat unhealthy foods despite the consequences?
- Do you have a pre-occupation with food, food preparation and meals?
- Are you trapped in a vicious cycle of trying and failing to cut down on food intake?
- Do you feel guilty about eating and overeating?
- Do you hide how much you eat and hide it from others?
- Have you yo-yo dieted for years with little or no success?
- Do you make excuses in your head about why you should eat something that you are craving?
- Do you frequently get cravings for certain foods, despite feeling full and having just finished a meal?
If you answered yes to even 1 of the above, you may have issues with food addiction.
Our team of experts are here to help!
Food Addiction Recovery Program
Our Food Addiction Recovery (FAR) Program teams you with a certified counselor, who can provide nutritional guidance coupled with support to address your emotional eating and/or any other form of food addiction.
Traditional diets ignore food addiction, which contributes to their failure. Our FAR counselors understand that recognizing and overcoming food addiction is critical to long-term weight-loss success. Although food addiction can feel like a difficult obstacle to overcome, our certified counselors provide the information, education, tools, resources, and support to ensure your success.
Our counselors are committed to your success and will hold your hand every step of the way. When you enroll in FAR you will receive the following:
- A 40-minute initial assessment with your certified counselor where she will carefully review your FAR questionnaire and an action plan will be devised.
- A weekly 20-minute phone call with your counselor
- Email exchanges with your counselor including educational, motivational, and supportive emails from your counselor
- Continual tracking of your emotional status and symptoms
- Platinum Membership to Dr. Fuhrman’s Member Center, which will continue as long as you are in FAR
- Access to FAR Network, a private, clients-only discussion, where you can connect with other FAR clients and share your individual journeys together
- Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian Planner and Journal
Nutrition coaching sessions provide you with guidance, educational materials, and resources so you can gain a thorough understanding of what nutritional excellence is and how to adapt it into your busy lifestyle.
Your Weight Loss Specialist or Wellness Coach will:
- Discuss your goals and challenges
- Create an action plan based on your unique needs
- Critique your food journal
- Share fitness tips and strategies
- Teach you how to create a basic meal plan utilizing the Nutritarian principles
- Provide encouragement and accountability
- Offer practical tips for following the Nutritarian diet on holidays, when dining in restaurants and in other social scenarios
Whether you are just starting out with the Nutritarian eating style or are looking for fresh inspiration, our coaches provide an invaluable framework of support and accountability. Your coach will help you stay on track with a personalized action plan and practical tips for dealing with specific concerns.
If you would like more information on how to sign up for our Food Addiction Recovery Program or Nutrition Coaching, please call (908) 237-0200 and our expert team will be happy to assist you.