Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 28 ounces no-salt-added chopped tomatoes (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's MatoZest (or other no-salt seasoning blend, adjusted to taste)
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 3 unsulfured, no-salt-added sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons raw cashew butter (or 1/3 cup raw cashews)
Water saute onion over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cooking and stirring until fragrant. Add tomatoes, MatoZest, carrot juice and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a low boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and carefully pour into a high-powered blender. Blend on low speed, letting steam escape as necessary. Gradually increase speed to medium and add in cashew butter. Blend until combined. Return to stove, bring back to low simmer, then serve.
Serve by itself or over steamed greens, mixed vegetables or bean fettuccine or penne (available at Dr.Fuhrman.com)
Note: Select tomatoes packaged in BPA-free cartons.