The soft flex-metal weights allows for greater movement and flexibility.
Weight Vests for Osteoporosis
Naturally increase your bone density and avoid the hazards associated with bone density medication. This weight vest is the best fitting, thinnest, and most comfortable available.
- Provides weight–bearing exercise without going to the gym
- Dr. Fuhrman recommends that women start with 5–7 lbs, gradually building up to 15 lbs and wearing the vest about fifteen hours per week.
- Wear it to go shopping, to clean the house, to pay bills, to cook, and to exercise.
Research documents the benefits of wearing and exercising using a weighted vest. When women who wore and exercised with the vest were compared to control groups that did not, the difference in bone mass and other indices of hip fracture risk were dramatic.1
1. Snow CM, Shaw JM, Winters KM, Witzke KA. Long-term Exercise Using Weighted Vests Prevents Hip Bone Loss in Postmenopausal Women. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000;55(9):M489-491. Shaw JM Snow CM. Weighted vest exercise improves indices of fall risk in older women. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1998; 53(1):M53-58.
Available in two styles — long and short. The long vest holds more weight and is better suited for athletic training and men and women of larger stature.
- Supplied with 30–½ lb Flex–metal™ weights in a single layer.
- Total weight approx. 16 lbs.
- Adjustable from 1 lb up to 30 lbs by adding additional ½ lb weights.
- Supplied with 18–½ lb Flex–metal™ weights in a single layer.
- Total Weight approx. 10 lbs.
- Adjustable from 1 lb up to 18 lbs by adding additional ½ lb weights.
"I LOVE this light! It brightens my office so much that now I can bear to work there; in fact, I even like working. It makes the room look as if the sun is shining through the window - which it never does."
|Dr. Fuhrman’s Favorite Therapeutic Light
This Therapeutic Light contains the features that medical literature demonstrates are critical to the effectiveness of light therapy for Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, Bipolar Depression, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, PMS, Insomnia, ADHD, ADD, and Bulimia Nervosa. Studies show that light therapy may also be helpful in Fibromyalgia and Post-partum Depression as well. It is recommended by the non–profit Center for Environmental Therapeutics (CET), and used exclusively in a new light therapy clinical program at Columbia University’s Presbyterian Hospital. In 2005 a meta–analysis of all randomized, controlled trials of light therapy found dawn stimulation with a bright light to be as effective for major depression as medications. Also, the results occur much more rapidly than drugs, with results noted in as little as one week.
For a quick overview of how bright light therapy works, view the follow news clip or article below of Dr. Michael Terman, President of the Centre for Environmental Therapy (CET) on the CBS Early Show with Julie Chen (January 2004) and Harry Smith (December 2004).
*Electrical systems differ around the world - both in voltage and frequency. The physical interface (plugs and sockets) are also different and often incompatible. Please review your country's requirements prior to purchasing any electrical appliance from our site. We will not accept responsibility for damages due to incompatability.