Dr. Fuhrman’s Favorite Flora
Enhanced Probiotic Immune Support
- Balances intestinal flora, removes yeast forms
- Improves the body's immune defenses
- Induces "Immunosurveillance" to detect and destroy abnormal cells
- Maintains efficient intestinal barrier
No probiotic formula can guarantee the health benefits of the flora utilized without scientific identification of the strain and certification of the potency. This flora is guaranteed identity-certified. The capsules can be opened up and mixed with food making it great for children.
Normal intestines contain multiple strains of bacteria. Even though both friendly and harmful bacteria coexist in this environment, good health necessitates that the friendly bacteria overwhelm the potentially harmful ones. The proliferation of the unhealthy bacteria which occurs from antibiotics, other drugs and a poor diet, can damage the intestinal lining leading to increased intestinal permeability, increasing risk of allergies and autoimmune disease. Chronic fatigue, gas and bloating, diarrhea, skin rashes, food sensitivities, and eczema are among the conditions that can be influenced by this unfavorable balance of bacteria and the unfavorable digestive environment that results.
Research into the therapeutic potential of probiotic species has flourished in the last 5 years, establishing the clinical usefulness of certain strains of bacteria. Probiotic strains vary greatly in quality and resulting health benefits.
Dr. Fuhrman’s Favorite Flora (new and improved) offers high quality, balanced protection.
Favorite Flora contains an optimal combination of three probiotic bacteria that reinforce the intestinal flora balance and boost the immune system. The strains include Lactobacillus helveticus Rosell-52, Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 and Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175. These favorable organisms promote healthy immunity and the health of the intestinal mucosal barrier for optimal digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
Probiotics work by colonizing the small intestine and crowding out disease-causing bacteria, thereby restoring balance to the intestinal flora. It is very important that probiotics contain live, viable cells at the time of consumption and that these cells survive passage through the intestinal tract. Institut Rosell's studies have assured all three strains remain alive as they travel through the digestive tract to the distal end of the small intestine.
The three strains are highly effective and registered in the National Collection of Microorganism Cultures at the Institute Pasteur in France.
An in vitro research program has shown the synergistic ingredients in Dr. Fuhrman's Favorite Flora are efficacious at all levels of the immune system.1 These probiotic bacteria have been shown to stimulate cellular, biochemical and antibody functions of the immune system.
- Preventing and ameliorating allergic reaction such as atopic dermatitis and eczema.
- Reducing respiratory infection and ear infections, especially in children.
- Animal studies show a reduction in colon tumor and polyps.
- Improving digestive function and bowel symptoms for those with indigestion, reflux and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Strengthen the mucosal barrier of the bowel and improve immune function.
- These strains have demonstrated documented improvement in Crohn's and ulcerative colitis in medical studies.
Who should take Dr. Fuhrman's Favorite Flora?
- Many people can benefit from taking probiotics especially those who are not eating a healthy diet. Taking it even a few times a week can show benefit.
- Those with digestive complaints may require higher levels of bacteria on a regular basis.2
- Those who have taken or are taking antibiotics should repopulate their gut with high levels of beneficial bacteria for at least 2 months, starting one week after completion of antibiotic use.3
- Those with allergic or autoimmune system disorders or inflammatory bowel disease.4
- Those with a history of urinary tract infections, hemorrhoids, yeast infections, ulcers, reflux or other digestive complaints.5
What else should I do to maintain a healthy digestive tract?
Digestion and favorable flora is disturbed by a diet rich in refined foods or high in animal products. White flour and sugar favor the growth of yeast and pathogenic organisms. The beneficial flora requires a rich source of fiber found in natural unprocessed plant foods. Eating lots of raw, organic produce supplies the nourishment for large volumes of beneficial bacteria to permanently reside in the gut. Besides the immune enhancing properties, these beneficial bacteria aid in the passage of stool and help in the digestion of food.
Dosing Taken before or during meals with a glass of water.
- For treatment of specific complaints, such as digestive conditions, allergic or autoimmune disorders, infections or replacement of beneficial bacteria starting one week after antibiotic treatment:
Adults - 1 to 2 capsules daily
Children - 1 capsule daily
- Routine maintenance and balance of healthy intestinal flora:
Adults - 1 capsule twice weekly
Children - ½ capsule twice weekly
Favorite Flora is contraindicated under the following circumstances:
- Intravenous catheters (most important!)
- Post-surgery for GI, oral, allografts
- Patients with a history of myocarditis and endocarditis
- Patients with liver failure
- Patients undergoing immunosuppressive therapy
- Immunodeficient patients such as AIDS patients
Upon receipt of product, keep refrigerated to maintain freshness.
Does not contain: wheat, gluten, corn protein, yeast, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
Contains trace amounts of soy and milk products. The probiotic strains have been exposed to soy and milk derived nutrients during a step in the fermentation process, but are not present in the finished product. Most people with dairy allergies do not have a problem with this product, however it may not be suitable for individuals with very severe allergy sensitivities.
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn protein, yeast, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives. Contains trace amounts of soy and milk products (added as processing aids).
Serving Size: 1 Capsule Daily
Servings Per Container: 84
||Amount per Serving
|Lactobacillus helveticus Rosell-52
||3 billion live organisms†
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11
||1 billion live organisms†
|Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175
||1 billion live organisms†
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value (DV) not established
† Guaranteed at date of expiration.
HPMC (vegetable capsule), potato starch, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid.