In this #1 New York Times best seller, Dr. Fuhrman outlines his eating style, centered around his scientific health equation H=N/C (health = nutrients/calories) and offers a precise six-week plan designed for rapid and permanent weight loss. Understanding his concept of toxic hunger is a critical element enabling people to end their addictive drive to overeat. Food addictions can be conquered by focusing on the quality of the calories, not the quantity. Dr. Fuhrman invites readers not only to realize dramatic weight loss (without counting calories or portions) but to experience an energizing and healing transformation. The results will amaze you and help keep you focused as your cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure come down and headaches, gastritis, indigestion, and nasal congestion disappear.
The Eat to Live 2011 revised edition includes lots of new success stories from readers of the original book, plus a brand new chapter highlighting Dr. Fuhrman's discovery of toxic hunger and the role of food addiction in weight issues. This new chapter provides novel and important insights into weight gain, and explains how and why a diet of high micronutrient quality leads to the sensation of true hunger and maintenance of a healthy weight. It instructs readers on how to leave behind the discomfort of toxic hunger, cravings, and addictions to unhealthy foods.
Other updates include:
- New recipes and meal ideas
- Inspiring success stories from people who have used the program to lose shockingly large amounts of weight and recover from life-threatening illnesses
- New and revised Frequently Asked Questions
- All references and material reviewed and updated to reflect current research and knowledge in the field of nutrition.
This easy-to-follow, nutritionally sound diet can help anyone shed pounds quickly-and keep them off.
The Eat to Live Audio Book version includes:
- Recipe Booklet
- Narrated by Dr. Ned Sparrow with an introduction and frequently asked questions section personally read by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.