Folate is essential for several chemical reactions related to DNA synthesis and methylation, as well as DNA repair mechanisms. Consequently, folate is extremely important in growing and dividing cells since they are constantly replicating their DNA — this means that any biological process that involves cell proliferation (including fetal development, growth, and cancer) has the potential to be affected by folate status.
- Folate vs. Folic Acid - Taking synthetic folic acid is not the same as eating natural folate
- Folic Acid & Cancer - Folate/folic acid is a double-edged sword
- Observational Studies - Observational studies and clinical trials show that synthetic folic acid is risky
- Synthetic Folic Acid - Americans are consuming more synthetic folic acid than ever before
- Folate During Pregnancy
- How Much Folate Do We Need?
- Folate-Rich Recipes
Purchase and download this individual Position Paper without membership: