What's Inside: In this issue, depression and related mood disorders are discussed:
- Treating Depression Naturally — Antidepressant drug manufacturers have been forced to issue new warning labels about clinical worsening and increased suicidal risk, but these drugs have a litany of adverse effects. Recent advances in non-pharmacologic treatments for depression can help people feel better.
- Lighting the Way to Wellness — Therapeutic light is an effective treatment for Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, Bipolar Depression, Seasonal Depressive Disorder, PMS, Insomnia, ADHD, ADD and Bulimia Nervosa.
- Nutrition & Mood Disorders — Nutritional excellence is important for brain function. Without adequate micronutrient intake in our diet, our internal environment becomes toxic. Studies linked these toxins to depression, heart disease, asthma, Alzheimer's and more.
- Decadent Desserts — Mouthwatering delicacies that are bound to lift your spirits. Decadent healthy chocolate cake with chocolate/macadamia/hazelnut icing. Also, pomegranate poached pears with chocolate & raspberry sauces.
- Fish Oils for Mood Disorder Prevention — Depression is related to low levels of these long chain omega-3 fats in the brain, and it is apparent that supplementation with DHA and EPA have beneficial results in patients with mood disorders.